Rich Siegel- “In Palestine”
Rich & Dave,
Words cannot describe what emotions I feel because of your courage, humanity and talent. This is very soul touching and I am not just saying that because I am of Palestinian origins. I have always wondered if real solution was ever possible, your initiative convinced me that there is a real hope for co-existence in peace.
I also wonder if a real solution is possible. When we produced this video I was hopeful that it might open up a dialogue with Jewish people who support Zionism. I find that mostly they are just not interested in examining their views, which is very disappointing. But a solution must be found- the global community will just have to do what was done to South Africa, boycott and isolate them. Thanks for taking the time to tell us how you feel.
Donate your money to Gaza organizations working on the ground.
Below is a direct link to those organizations which do make a difference x
Raise fund to build RO desalination plant in Gaza https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/raise-fund-to-build-ro-desalination-plant-in-gaza
Palestine Trauma Centre http://en.ptcgaza.com/donate/
Medical Aid for Palestinians http://www.map-uk.org/news/notes-from-the-field/medicines-in-gaza-are-running-out.aspx
Palestine Red Crescent Society http://www.palestinercs.org/en/donate.php
PEACE RALLY TODAY Sat, Jul 26, 2014 AT 4PM-6PM AT HONG LIM PARK TO SHOW OUR SUPPORT FOR THE JUST CAUSE OF THE PALESTINIANS IN THEIR OCCUPIED LAND.
Assalamualaikum Wr Wb,
1. We were there this afternoon. It was a moving and heart-felt Peace Rally. The crowd was impressive more so considering the approval permit for the Rally was given only in late afternoon yesterday. As such and with limited resources, many did not know about this Rally. Although numbers are important but to me the quality, the civility and the nobility of the Peace Rally is just as, if not more important. The Peace Rally was not about Palestine. It was about human tragedy and human sufferings of many decades. It was about the killings of innocent babies, childrens, women and the old people with impunity. It is about illegal and immoral Occupation. About blatant injustice. About double standards. About hypocrisy.
The Speakers were excellent and eloquent. But more importantly, they are sincere and honest. The Speakers include a non-Muslim.
2. We are glad and privileged to have attended the Peace Rally. A Palestinian family urged Singaporeans not to and must never give up on the Palestinians. The Palestinians did not and will never give up. Singaporeans must keep up the narratives no matter some would mockingly say that we could only talk.
3. Sincerely we hope those who had attended the Iftar hosted by the US Embassy recently had attended today’s Rally for obvious reasons. But would we be surprised that they would and did not?
4. Finally, please have the Palestinians in our duas and prayers when we celebrate 1st syawal on Monday. You see the Palestinians especially the Gazans, have nothing to celebrate – physically and emotionally. More than 800 of them would not because they were murdered by Israel. And thousands more are hurt and their houses, schools, mosques, hospitals and families destroyed. Probably some of them will be bombed by Israel on Eidul Fitri day itself. As we have said earlier, this will be our worst Hari Raya ever.
5. Please donate generously. Please ask our children to give some of their Hari Raya money to the children of Palestine who unlike our children, would not be celebrating Eidul fitri this year. In fact for many years already.